Microwaves have clearly emerged as a necessity for the urban world. Due to the range of services they can offer in today’s hustle and bustle, they are coveted. It’s a knight in shining armor for a busy parent or a college student, giving you quick, easy meals quickly without too much effort. Tasty, hearty meals are just one click away! If you want to purchase The Best microwaves In India but have no idea how to go about it, worry not!
Best Budget review brings you this article, giving you all the info you’ll ever need. If you’re convinced by the text and wish to purchase The best Microwave ovens In India, make sure to read “Best Microwave Oven In India” & “Best Microwave Ovens Under 7000 INR”.
How Does A Microwave Work?
- Inside the oven, microwaves (waves in the microwave) are created by an electron tube called a ‘magnetron’. Inside the metal interior of the oven, the microwaves are transmitted where they are absorbed by food.
- Microwaves cause molecules of water to vibrate in food, generating heat that cooks the food.
- That’s why foods such as fresh vegetables, which are high in water content, can be cooked faster than other foods.
Does A Microwave Kill Nutrients?
- According to the FDA, In comparison to traditional cooking, microwave cooking does not decrease the nutritional value of foods. Food cooked in a microwave oven will, in fact, preserve some of its vitamins and minerals, since microwave ovens can cook faster without adding water.
- As foods cook faster and the energy heats only the food, microwave cooking can be more energy efficient than traditional cooking
What is the Price Range?
A basic Microwave can go anywhere from 4000 INR to 30,000 easily. It depends on what all features you want. A more versatile and advanced oven can be pricey, whereas the basic ones can be extremely cheap. If you are new in this field then try and look for a ore basic model, that is cheaper. You can refer to Best Microwave Under 7000 Rs.
How Safe Is a Microwave?
Reports of severe skin burns or scalding wounds around the hands and faces of people were received due to hot water erupting out of a cup. There were also reports of plastic melting, and some utensils ‘exploding’. Microwaves can cause injuries if precautions are not taken. make sure to read the safety guidelines like:
- Plastic containers should not be used in a microwave oven as they can be melted by the heat of the food inside. Check if the plastic can be used in the microwave and then only proceed.
- Users should make sure that they do not exceed the recommended heating times
- Glass, paper, ceramic, or plastic containers are safe for in microwave cooking as the heat waves pass through these materials.
- Metal pans or aluminum foil should also not be used in a microwave oven, as the heat waves are reflected off these materials causing the food to cook unevenly and possibly damaging it.
- Read the instruction manual thoroughly before using the microwave oven.
- For more safety guidelines read up this article from the FDA; Microwave Oven Radiation
Why A Microwave?
The Microwave Oven have a higher watt output making it generate more heat in lesser time unlike a traditional oven. So for example, a cake which generally takes around 35-40 minutes to bake, will take roughly 7 to 10 minutes in a oven.
Because the cooking time is shorter when cooking in a Microwave Oven, It preserves several nutrients which tend to get burnt during conventional slow cooking. Nutrients like Vitamin C which are sensitive to heat tend to be preserved while microwaving.
Whenever you are planning to bake something, you repeatedly remind yourself to pre-heat the oven, so that your treats are ready in time. However, in Microwaves there is no such hassle. All you have to do is put the raw batter, dough and let it sit there for a few minutes and viola! They’re ready to devour!
Ensures Safety for Family
Microwaves do not emit any smoke or heat when in use, outside. This is unlike a oven or a stove which get heated up on the outside. Also several microwaves have a ‘child-lock’ feature which makes it even more safe around kids.
Microwaves tend to use lesser electricity because they quicker and more efficient at heating. So they will hear up quicker and use lesser electricity to do so.
Features In A Good Microwave
Over Heat Protection
- Over Heat protection, ensures utmost safety from burns and injuries. It means that the microwave will automatically shut off to prevent any further damages.
- Prevents overcooking dwindling the taste of the food being cooked. So you can set up a time which will notify you once the cooking is done
- It ensures reliability and durability of the product, the more the better!
- Cleans the microwave thoroughly to make the food taste fresh. It eliminates the residue smell.
400 Auto Cook Menu
With the Autocook menu you can cook tasty dishes with no hassle in a short period of time, as it has several pre-set recipes.
Types Of Microwave
- Microwave convection does two things; the first is a normal mode that heats or cooks food using microwaves.
- The second is a convection mode that turns your microwave into a convection oven that distributes heat uniformly within the appliance using a heating element and a fan.
- A convection microwave allows you to use cooking techniques, like baking, grilling, broiling, etc. To get the list of the best microwaves in India 2021, read Best Microwaves In India 2021
- Cooks variety of goods like pizza, cake, fries, poultry etc.
- Contains many functions like cooking, grilling, defrosting, air-frying etc.
- Cooks food faster as you navigate through the different modes
- It may have racks which enable cooking several dishes at a time.
- More Uniform cooking
- One of the Best Microwaves in India are convection
Solo Microwave Oven
Solo microwave is a simple microwave oven that is used for cooking food, reheating & also defrosting uniform heating. It has the same features as a convection, although convection microwave ovens can have additional features. Basically a solo microwave is perfect if you are an amateur.
- Ideal for beginners
- Provides basic services like, grilling, heating, defrosting.
- Here is a list of the best and affordable microwaves in India Best Microwaves Under 7000 INR
Convection Or Solo?
It depends on why you wish to make the purchase. Consider the following situations to answer your questions,
Convection Is Better If:
- You have fair experience of using a microwave oven and you wish to upgrade your cooking experience
- You don’t own oven, griller, air-fryers and want your microwave to do it all!
- It is expensive, so you should have a decent budget. However, it is worth every penny.
- Functionally wise, convection microwave ovens are better. They are faster, more efficient, more versatile.
Solo Is Better If
- You wish to test the waters. If you’re only purchasing a microwave because everyone ,talks about it wanna finally give it a try, then go for a solo.
- It has all the basic functions,
- Extremely affordable.
This was a guide on microwaves. At last I’d conclude folks, by saying do what suits your priorities and interests. Be cautious and take a note of the safety guidelines. don’t rush it do all the research and then proceed to buy your pick. I personally prefer the convection microwaves as it truly represents the convenience a microwave stands for. Hope this article hoped in resolving the basic queries while purchasing a microwave.